Staff Application Information May 10, 2020 20:59:30 GMT LiveBeyondDreams, DingoMC, and 7 more like this
Post by Quantum Galaxies on May 10, 2020 20:59:30 GMT
Please take the time to read over this page carefully.
This application is for the staff position of Helper only. We do not accept applications for Mods, Developers or Admins. You must start off as Helper and prove yourself to be promoted to a higher position.
We will not be making any decisions in regards to promotions lightly, and we hope you don't take your applications lightly. The role of Helper is to be taken seriously. If the duties of a staff position do not appeal to you, please do not apply.
Above all else, staff are to treat all players fairly and with respect. (You can still punish someone respectfully.) Players are the soul of our community and should be treated as you would wish to be treated. We want players to return to our community, not leave because they felt they were treated poorly. While it might be frustrating to deal with some "nubs", please try to be patient and don't be condescending. We aren't here to hurt peoples feelings by making them feel stupid. Conduct yourself in a professional, mature, and responsible manner. If promoted, how you act will reflect not only on yourself, but on Quantum Galaxies as a community.
• Be trustworthy.
• Be fluent in English.
• Premium Minecraft/Mojang account.
• Have a Discord account you use actively.
• Be available for voice calls from time to time.
• Must not have any punishments for the last month.
• Must be an active member of the community for at least two months.
• Must be age 17 or older. We would be willing to make rare exceptions.
(What we look for)
• Players who are friendly.
• Players who can communicate well.
• Players who show maturity and understanding..
• Players who can keep a cool head in hot situations..
• Players who take an active and positive role in the community.
• Players who have shown interest in helping the community (answering questions, helping newcomers, general fellowship)
• Encourage community involvement.
• Encourage players to use the forums.
• Have an in depth knowledge of server rules and info.
• Perform all duties assigned, to the best of your ability.
• Do not abuse your position that you have been trusted with.
• Discuss problems with the Admin team and don’t let bad feelings linger.
• Make new players feel welcome. (requires more than just “Welcome ____!”
Duties of a Helper
Helpers primary focus should be on monitoring chat. They should be the ones jumping in to answer players’ questions and helping players first. Helpers are expected to help maintain a peaceful chat environment.
Helpers secondary focus should be on welcoming new players, answering their questions, and making sure they get to where they want to be. Sometimes no matter how many tools we give new players, they still can’t find the answer they are searching for. That is where Helpers come in! Give some little tips to new players, try to answer their questions, and just be friendly with them! If a player has a question don’t wait for another staff member to answer them. Helpers should be taking on those questions to free up higher staff.
• Help players in need.
• Answer questions asked in chat.
• Check the forums/discord for reports.
• Moderate the chat. Uphold all chat rules.
• Actively participate in staff conversations.
• Check and reply to the forums/discord daily.
• Relay important information to staff and players.
• Help your fellow staff mates when needed, if you are available.
• Actively use the forums/discord to keep in touch with the community.
• Greet new players when they join and answer any questions they may have.
• Try to solve a problem before turning to /muting, /warning, or /tempbanning.
Communication is the most essential element of any successful team. It is of the utmost importance that you communicate with your fellow staff members. We understand that sometimes life may get in the way of your duties, so please let the staff team know if you will be away or not be as active as you usually are. We know that this is a volunteer position, so if you need to be away for a while, we completely understand. However, stopping communication with staff (for a long period of time), without prior warning, may result in a demotion. The main thing that I ask of you, besides being respectful, is that you communicate with the team!
• Do not harass or ask any staff members to read or look at your application. It will be instantly denied.
• You must follow the application format and follow any and all staff or application requirements located in this forums post.
• Your application has to be 100% honest and lying in your application will result in an instant denial.
• Do not share or discuss your application with any other players or staff members while it is pending.
• If you're punished while your application is being reviewed, it will be denied depending on the severity of the infraction.
• If you do get your application accepted, you're not allowed to share your results until you receive your final verdict of joining the staff team.
Complete the Application Form here and wait for us to contact you.